Top 10 in-demand marketing skills to get noticed in the job market
According to an analysis of job postings, LinkedIn has released a new report on the most in-demand marketing skills based on analysis of job postings.
The data in the report was compiled over the past three months and compared to the top skills of professionals in 2015.
LinkedIn finds that job skills have changed about 25% since 2015 and are expected to change 41% by 2025.
Digital marketing tops the list of in-demand skills. Social media marketing also made the list.
The list is separated into hard skills and soft skills, with hard skills making up more than half of the list.
To help people develop these in-demand skills, LinkedIn is offering several free premium courses for the month of September.
Additionally, to make it easier for qualified professionals to find jobs, LinkedIn is updating search results to show job listings that are more relevant to a user’s skill set.
LinkedIn provides additional lists of top skills separated by areas of expertise. Key marketing skills are highlighted here, but there are also lists for project management, IT, engineering, finance/accounting, and sales.
The top 10 skills for marketing professionals have changed by 50% since 2015, notes LinkedIn.
Top 10 In-Demand Marketing Skills
The top 10 marketing skills and the following courses associated with them are listed below.
1. Digital Marketing – Fundamentals of Digital Marketing with Brad Batesole
2. Social Media Marketing – Social Media Marketing: Strategy and Optimization with Martin Waxman
3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Marketing Tools: SEO with Sam Dey
4. Marketing Strategy – Create a go-to-market plan with Deirdre Breakenridge
5. Adobe Photoshop – Essential Photoshop 2022 training with Julieanne Kost
6. Email Marketing – Email Marketing: Strategy and Optimization with Virginia O’Connor
seven. Content Marketing – Content Creation: Strategy and Tools with Joanna Yung
8. Advertising – Facebook Advertising with Megan Adams
9. Google Analytics – Advanced Google Analytics 4 (GA4) with Dana DiTomaso
ten. Corporate Communications – Team Communication with Daisy Lovelace